Thursday 27 March 2014

day twenty

‘Consider how the wild flowers grow. They do not labour or spin. Yet I tell you, not even Solomon in all his splendour was dressed like one of these.'  Luke 12:27


Halfway through, and what have I learnt so far?

1.  It is easier to get dressed for work when I have only three outfits that are work-smart.  Saves time in the morning.

2.  I do miss the fun of deciding on an outfit for going out.

3.  I like coats and shoes most of all, because I miss them most of all.

Our study group at church tonight was looking at Luke 12:13-34, and thinking about possessions - one of the questions was whether our possessions end up possessing us. 

I enjoy using clothes to express myself, which is fine.  The challenge is not to let the clothes be more than that - not to use them to project an image, or to hide behind.  God made me as I am, and if I'm not perfect, I should be growing into what God made me to be, not pretending to be something else.

Okay, only 23 days to go...



No comments:

Post a Comment