Tuesday 18 March 2014

day twelve

"Buy less. Choose well. Make it last. Quality, not quantity. Everybody's buying far too many clothes."  


So said Vivienne Westwood last year at London Fashion Week.  

To be fair, my sort of buying - that is, charity shop buying - is different from Vivienne's.  I enjoy making 'a find' - clothes that prompt people to ask me where I bought them, so I can reply 'British Heart Foundation, a fiver' with a smug look on my face.  

For me, then, perhaps the most useful comment is 'choose well'.  I amaze myself how often I come home with something that I quite like, or fits not too bad.  I wear it once or twice, then it just sits in my wardrobe until my next clear out.  Really, I should only buy clothes that look great, that I love, that I'm sure I'm going to wear.

And if I had fewer clothes, I would have more room for books...


This green top and black jeans, for work today, are both recent purchases, both of which I love!


1 comment:

  1. nice blog Maggs, love the background pic too. as Gok would say, go girlfriend!

    ReplyDelete